Re: Installer

Dne, 23. 09. 2010 09:09:11 je Vernon J Millward Jr. napisal(a):
My question is could there be an installer designed that will try to detect the
systems makeup? like i386 or 64 or power pc ETC.

While I don't happen to know of such an installer, you could detect the innards of your machine(s) by first running one of the various "Ultimate Boot CD's", such as the "Hiren's Boot CD" downloadable from the Internet. Such CD's are usually based on some flavor of DOS and are explicitly made for hardware testing, benchmarking, and so on; it wouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to determine what architecture you're dealing with. Of course, an auto-detecting installer would be a far nicer thing to have ...

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801