Re: Talk at openSUSE conference - input needed

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:58:26AM +0000, Andre Felipe Machado wrote:
> Hello,
> At mid-July 2009 a long (and heated, until August) discussion thread started at
> debian-project list regarding release dates, freeze dates, cadence and
> collaboration between Debian and Ubuntu.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/07/threads.html
> Mr. Shuttleworth suggested modifying Debian dates in order to sync with Ubuntu LTS.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/08/msg00092.html
> The long discussion resulted in a suggestion of feasible collaboration approach
> from Debian
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/08/msg00273.html
> And then Ubuntu / Canonical started a task
> https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-lucid-release-collaboration-with-debian
> that had achieved some advancements in coordination with Debian:

Ah, really? Those are?

> Whiteboard
>
> Work items:
> kernel: DONE
> [vorlon]python: DONE

I don't think python is a good example here, tbh.

> openoffice: DONE

What please? I don't see any coordination except syncing (and breaking
working stuff in the process) and that not even since long. You right now
have a obsolete and buggy version in Ubuntu <whatever is called your current
development one>.

> I hope these first efforts, that are being observed by other teams at both
> sides, could result valuable enough to motivate other teams to participate, at

Good joke.

> At a win-win agreement, all involved benefit from.

Actually, not.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70