Re: debian-private declassification team (looking for one)

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 02:46:02PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 25 June 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > I'm not sure I understand against *what* exactly you're arguing; nor it
> > is clear to me whether you are proposing a different course of action
> > than the status quo.
> >
> > The vote is there and we cannot change the past [...]
>
> I would welcome a new GR to rescind the previous one and revert d-private
> to what it's always been: private. That way we can stop worrying about the
> whole issue and we will no longer run the risk of making things public
> that their authors do not want to be made public.

I would second a proposal for such a GR. If even those who argued in favour
of the declassification process at that time are not sufficiently motivated
to invest now some work in this then this proves to me that the  whole
thing is nonsense, and that we should get rid of it.

-Ralf.