Re: debian-private declassification team (looking for one)

On 25/06/2010 07:43 μμ, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> I would welcome a new GR to rescind the previous one and revert
>> d-private to what it's always been: private. That way we can stop
>> worrying about the whole issue and we will no longer run the risk of
>> making things public that their authors do not want to be made public.
>
> +1.  Then people wouldn't have to keep putting "this is private" in
> messages and could just assume it.  If there aren't enough volunteers to
> do the work anyway, we're wasting low levels of energy making people aware
> of this right now.
I agree as well. There's no point in making promises we cannot fulfill;
if anything, it makes us look bad.

We should just accept the fact that noone will ever re-read a big pile
of old, heated, discussions and vacation notices just to publicize parts
of them. The time plus the risk of making a mistake (and the fallout of
that) just doesn't worth it.

Regards,
Faidon