Re: Squeeze, firmware and installation

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:

> I'm sure these modern systems do have USB connectors.

They do have USB, according to advocates of shipping the non-free
firmware in our install media, the problem is when installing remotely
you don't have access to these connectors.

The other side of this problem is people who don't have the ability to
modify their install media at all or would find it a significant
enough challenge to lead them to just forget installing Debian (and
use Fedora, Ubuntu etc instead) or would just find it a pain to do.
This is probably a significant portion of Debian users.

Based on these factors I would consider it appropriate to ship two
copies of the install media, at least while we have non-free and SC
#5.

--
bye,
pabs