Re: Squeeze, firmware and installation

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it> wrote:

> Now try again, this time netinstalling an IBM Bladecenter with modern
> blades like HS21 or HS2.
> To which you have no physical access because it is in a different city.

So the problem only occurs when installing on a host you don't have
physical access to and which requires non-free firmware blobs to
access the network? Does it occur in any other situation?

I've never had to do such a thing, what is your current approach to
that? I assume you aren't using CD images here since you mentioned
netinst.

What makes it problematic to modify the install media (initrd I guess)
you downloaded and add the firmware?

--
bye,
pabs