Re: Squeeze, firmware and installation

Hi,

On Freitag, 7. Mai 2010, Paul Wise wrote:
> What makes it problematic to modify the install media (initrd I guess)
> you downloaded and add the firmware?

For quite some people it's very difficult (hi bro!), for some it's impossible
(hi dad!) and for most of the rest it's a PITA (hi me!). And, for another
tiny fraction it is easy and smells like freedom.

Maybe we should really provide two sets of Debian install media for
squeeze, "pure Debian" and "Debian with non-free firmwarez included". Then,
after two releases we can look at the download statistics and see, if we want
to continue that...

cheers,
	Holger