Re: Squeeze, firmware and installation

Le mercredi 05 mai 2010 à 23:26 +0200, Bernd Zeimetz a écrit :
> This is still an annoying thing to handle. If you install machines at different
> locations regulary, this firmware crap is nothing but a pita. I can't see a
> reason why we should not be able to ship cd-images in "non-free".

Indeed, there is no reason. There is broad consensus that this is fine
as long as we keep shipping firmware-free images in main.

> If debian does
> not do so officially, I might provide them somewhere.

Maybe the reason why Debian doesn’t do so “officially” is that people
prefer to whine and initiate stupid votes rather than sticking their
fingers out of their arses and just do it?

If there really was a need for it, such images would already exist. If
you have a need for it, then just do it. And since you’re a DD you can
do so “officially”.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette