Re: Squeeze, firmware and installation

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:
> It seems the kernel team has moved alot of firmware to non-free,
> which means that more people will need to use pieces from non-free
> to be able to use their computer.
>
> So I was wondering what the state is of everything, and what
> issues people will run into, specially when installing.
>
> I'm also wondering what people think about adding some firmware
> to our official installation media.

Hmm. Is the release already so close that it's time to have this
flamewar again? Shouldn't we wait a month or two for maximal effect?

Seriously speaking, to me it seems very clear that non-free firmware
will not be present on official installer images. Then again, the
installer team has made it very easy to inject firmware during
installation on machines where it's needed.

I can't see anything else that would need to be done here, and I'd
prefer not having to vote about it if at all possible.

--
Arto Jantunen