Proposing removal of pump: anyone wants it?

Hello people,
while hacking on wicd, I looked at the various DHCP clients we have in
Debian. I believe that pump could be removed from our archives, but I'm
sending this mail in case anyone really needs it -- in this case, we keep it
and I'll just remove support for it from wicd.

The first issue is: pump has no upstream. debian/copyright shows the source
was taken from Fedora Core [1] (reports 404) -- now that it changed name,
the new url seems to be [2], and there's no trace of pump there.
The last upstream release seems to be 0.8.24, uploaded to Debian on Sat, 26
Nov 2005.

The package is QA-maintained since Nov 21, 2008, and no one seems to have
stepped up in its maintainership since then.

It has the second popcon inst value, compared to other DHCP clients we have:

* dhcp3-client      inst: 82439 vote: 41586 old: 35640 recent: 81 nofiles: 9
* pump              inst: 665   vote: 120   old: 487   recent: 58 nofiles: 0
* dhcpcd            inst: 583   vote: 154   old: 387   recent: 42 nofiles: 0
* udhcpc            inst: 118   vote: 35    old: 73    recent: 9  nofiles: 1
* isc-dhcp-client   inst: 73    vote: 45    old: 24    recent: 4  nofiles: 0
* dibbler-client    inst: 18    vote: 9     old: 8     recent: 1  nofiles: 0

(isc-dhcp-client is in experimental, and dibbler-client is for DHCPv6)

It only has one strong reverse dependency, xnetcardconfig, whose popcon inst
is 66.
apt-cache rdepends shows other packages too:

 - wicd-daemon,
   wicd:                    pump is an alternative dependency:
                            dhcpcd | dhcp3-client | pump | udhcpc

 - resolvconf:              an older version of pump is listed in Conflicts

 - netscript-2.4,
   netscript-2.4-upstart:   Suggests: dhclient | pump | dhcpcd

What do you think about this?

Kindly,
David

[1]