Re: Proposing removal of pump: anyone wants it?

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010, David Paleino wrote:
> while hacking on wicd, I looked at the various DHCP clients we have in
> Debian. I believe that pump could be removed from our archives, but I'm
> sending this mail in case anyone really needs it -- in this case, we keep it
> and I'll just remove support for it from wicd.

AFAIK it's quite popular in embedded context, at least I have been using
it in that context for various customer projects and keeping it available
just for this seems worthwhile (but I also used udhcpc in that context
when I needed finer control of the resulting configuration).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog