Re: Debian money

]] Bernd Zeimetz

| Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
|
| > No need for SAN, direct-attached SAS or a SAS enclosure would be sufficient
| > for both snapshot.d.o and data.d.o (with a proper hardware-raid controller
|
| Remember, both services might start to grow pretty fast. A direct-attached
| enclosure does not grow... (yeah, you could add another one...I know).

Not really suggesting we should buy one ourselves, but Backblaze makes
those storage pods of 67TB (raw capacity) which do run Debian (in 4U),
costing about 8kUSD in materials.
http://blog.backblaze.com/2009/09/01/petabytes-on-a-budget-how-to-build-cheap-cloud-storage/

Maybe we should ask them to either sponsor one and one as a backup, sell
us one or similar?  We'd not want to run their storage thing, which is
proprietary, but just having that much storage should be plenty for
quite a while, I'd think.

--
Tollef Fog Heen