Re: Debian money

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 05:49:18PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Hello Steve and everybody,
>
> I forsee that it is very difficult because of the hundreds of borders in our
> world, but Debian could support companies started by its developers to make a
> living of their Debian-related activities, by contributing to their capital.
> This way, Debian would invest in its own development, but in the do-o-cratic
> manner we all appreciate since the financial support would not create a direct
> subordination or custommer-consumer relationship.

oO

Such a rule would be the worst thing ever. I mean, investing money is
not charity. It's about helping someone who _will_ give the money back
once his company is wealthy enough. Which means that you cannot just
lend money to any DD just because he's starting sth about Debian, but to
someone who has enough leadership and business sense so that it's mostly
obvious he'll success.

IOW we could only lend money to people who will already be able to find
money by themselves easily enough. It's not Debian job at all, not to
mention the legal complexity to do that worldwide.

Sorry, but this idea is nonsensical.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit