Re: Debian money

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 05:04:42PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> * Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> [2009-09-10 16:01]:
> > Steve McIntyre <leader@debian.org> writes:
> > >  4 Marketing stuff:
> > >    a box(es) of equipment to take to stands at various shows and
> > >      expos. Might be useful, but could be expensive. Where do we store
> > >      it/them? Who organises shipping?
> >
> > I think this is something which we should pursue. I generally have the
> > impression that the Debian booth is relatively boring, while other
> > projects seem to be better in properly decorating, displaying their
> > products and attracting interest. We should definitely work on that -
> > currently, the Debian project booth is usually just like prejudices
> > against Debian: Highly technical, unattractive and of no interest to new
> > users.
>
> Full ack, on the conferences I visited I always found the
> booths of other distros way more "attractive".

I don't think we need to discuss the perfect Debian booth here but maybe
it makes sense to collect some improvement ideas in order to get a
better feeling about how much money would be needed. ATM I can't think
of anything that's too expensive to buy. What are we missing for a more
attractive Debian booth?

Hauke