Re: Debian money

On Thursday 10 September 2009, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
> It is useful not only for Debian, so IMHO Debian could donate some
> money, but only if other big distributions (RedHat, SuSe/Novel, Ubuntu,
> etc.) do the same.

Even then not IMO. Those other distributions are commercial, Debian is
not. Our money comes from sponsors and donors who've decided to donate
their money to *Debian* and not to Gnash.

IMO it is not up to us to decide to pass on money donated to us to other
projects. If sponsors and donors feel Gnash is worth sponsoring, they
will do so themselves. Money donated to Debian should be spent on Debian.

Cheers,
FJP