Re: Export Control of Debian OS

[Please post follow-ups to the list, I am subscribed]

2009/9/3 Fumiharu Nakayama <Fumiharu_Nakayama@toshibatec.co.jp>:

> Dear Debian Project,
>
> My name is Harry Nakayama worked w/ TOSHIBA TEC Corporation in Japan.
>
> Now we are researching Debian OS Export control policy from Debian project
> FAQ or others.
> But we cannot made it so far.
>
> So, we need your support/help in this regards.
> Would you please tell me if you have ECCN and CCATS number already?
> If you don't have it, pls be advice how we can handle or judge Debian OS
> export control.

The answer I gave last time this came up should be findable with
Google, but if not, it is here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/08/msg00359.html

No idea if we have a CCATS number though.

BTW, if you are shipping hardware containing Debian, please register a
wiki account and edit this wiki page:

http://wiki.debian.org/Hardware/ShippingWithDebian

Debian can always use more developers and donations, so if you are
using/selling Debian and are able to, please dedicate some resources
to Debian or to the annual Debian conference:

http://www.debian.org/intro/help
http://www.debian.org/donations
http://debconf.org/

--