Re: Export Control of Debian OS

Hi Nakayama-san,

Have you read "http://www.bis.doc.gov/licensing/do_i_needaneccn.html";?

> How do I get an ECCN?
>
> There are three ways to determine the ECCN for your product.
>
> 1. Determine the classification yourself.
> 2. Go to the source.
> 3. Get an official classification from the Bureau of Industry and
> Security (BIS).

We are volunteer organization for software.  We can not be made liable
for judging such legal matter.  Thus 2nd option is not for you as I
understand.

Although it sounds harsh, the best thing to do is judge by eading
corresponding regulations.  That is what most companies do for exporting
anything these days.  Company such as yours should have department
taking care such matters.

Any advice or suggestion provided here should be considered as
"reference opinion" and no gurantee.  After all, Debian is provided as
is.  Unlike commercial vender of software, we are not selling software.

Osamu

PS: It will be nice to have some page for these issues on our web so
these FAQ can be addressed properly without making us liable.