Re: Reopening my account bsb@debian.org

It's only a while that I was pointed to the fact that DAM published
a mail he sent to me privately for a broader audience.  IMHO the same
audience deserves to know my previouly private response.

bye Debian
  Siggy

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 21:17 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11837 March 1977, Bernd Brentrup wrote:
>
> > ATM my standard response to requests for help is: nag DAM, I won't
> > do any substantial work for Debian without having a vote.
>
> This is surely the wrong attitude.
>
> > What's your decision? I'd really like to contribute to Debian again,
> > but there are other interesting projects around where I don't have to
> > wait endlessly for any reaction.
>
> Thats pretty easy:
> You did not retire following the defined procedure, so your key is in
> the removed-keys keyring. There is no easy "emeritus" way for those to come
> back. You have to pass the normal NM procedure.
>

> On 11839 March 1977, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
>
> > It's my impression from the last weeks I've been lurking around on
> > d-devel that Debian has changed a lot not only from the early days
> > with Ian Murdock and Bruce Perens as DPL but even from '04 when I
> > silently left not only the OSS world due to a malady.
>
> Which is a good thing. Not changing means starving means death.
>
> >> So, if you want to help Debian, you're very much welcome, but not
> >> doing because you're not a DD (anymore) it's fscking damn wrong.
> > I'd suggest you stop cursing, please calm down *before* hitting the
> > send button.
>
> He is right.
>
> --
> bye, Joerg
> <Wrecktum> Deine Größe macht mich klein
> <@joerg> doll
> <Wrecktum> du darfst mein Bestrafer sein
> (!) Wrecktum was kicked from #german by joerg [ok]

-------------------- copy of private mail to DAM -----------------

[-- The following data is signed --]

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 21:17 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11837 March 1977, Bernd Brentrup wrote:
>
> > ATM my standard response to requests for help is: nag DAM, I won't
> > do any substantial work for Debian without having a vote.
>
> This is surely the wrong attitude.

MMDV

> > What's your decision? I'd really like to contribute to Debian again,
> > but there are other interesting projects around where I don't have to
> > wait endlessly for any reaction.
>
> Thats pretty easy:
> You did not retire following the defined procedure, so your key is in
> the removed-keys keyring. There is no easy "emeritus" way for those to come
> back. You have to pass the normal NM procedure.

And why does it take 4 weeks plus 2 days to tell me?  Answering to the
remainder of your utterings is moot.

I won't pursue this subject any longer, because I refuse to be
examined by ppl that might be my grandchildren.

If I ever contribute to Debian again then only as bug submitter or
upstream.

Have a nice day
  Siggy

ps: I'm Cc'ing this to Martin.
--
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de
               or:                bsb-at-psycho-dot-i21k-dot-de

[-- End of signed data --]

--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.