Re: On cadence and collaboration

Manoj Srivastava dijo [Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 10:08:13AM -0500]:
>         Based on Debian's last two releases, I think we have a 22  month
>  release cycle going; stretching it to 24 years is not a big
>  deal. Speaking for myself, I think have a predictable freeze date,
>  every two years, is a good thing.

Umm... But the time from freeze until release is so far not
predictable at all. Etch was way swifter than Lenny (or FFS than
Sarge). They were all intended to be frozen for much less time than
they ended up being. So… Freezing every 24 months (I won't even make a
pun on your 24 years) can push us over the edge. Yes, I understand
that this means the 24 months include the freeze time for the previous
release. Still.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244