Re: libgeoip1: Debian turning into an advertising crap?

Frank Bauer dijo [Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 07:49:14AM +0200]:
> Hi,
>
> today I have been lingering in the realms of /etc examining the files
> breaking the tradition
> of using small letters in filenames (ConsoleKit, GeoIP.conf.default,
> NetworkManager, etc.).
>
> This advertisement is contained in the GeoIP.conf.default file
> (package libgeoip1):
> (...)
> Do you think it is appropriate for package in main?

I think it is adequate. I often use GeoIP, and is more than precise
for my needs, but I do value knowing I could use a more precise DB
with the same *free* software I am currently using, if need were to
arise. Similarly, we include lastfm (which is a free client for a
service which was recently freeish but not anymore). We include
several clients for services owned by different companies which might
have a premium version of their services.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244