Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 04:13:03PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

> I rarely hear anything positive from Ubuntu, except that more and more people
> who are active in Ubuntu realized that it is much better to do things in Debian
> directly.

IME the quality of interaction from Ubuntu is very variable and depends
strongly on who in Ubuntu looks at the package.  For packages which are
just getting janatorial cleanup work as a result of having been pulled
into universe things tend to be pretty poor, both in terms of the code
and in terms of pushing things back into Debian.  This often creates a
very bad impression.  For other things, usually things that are more
important within Ubuntu, things tend to be a lot better.