Re: What is preventing Debian from being fully free at this moment?

On 2009-07-29, Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> frederiquewp@gmail.com wrote:
>>I'd love to see Debian comply to real GNU/FSF freedom. When I visit the
> This will never happen, since Debian and the FSF have different ideas
> about what is free.

And even within Debian there are diverging opinions if registry initialisation
data provided in array form is something non-free that needs to be stripped
from the kernel.

Those people are also vocal outside the lists to market their impression that
Debian is not all free despite our best efforts to keep it that way.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern