Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 03:24:03PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> That said, I do not think that this concern alone is enough for us to rush
> a squeeze release and I agree that it would also be reasonable to just
> target a freeze somewhere in the middle of next year and leave an
> opportunity to cooperate with Ubuntu for their 10.10 release.

I would really like to have this worded as "and leave Ubuntu the
opportunity to cooperate with us for their 10.10 release".

> It would mean that their next LTS release that would be in sync with
> Debian 7.0 will be 12.04 which is less than their 2/2.5 years release
> cycle for LTS. They can probably cope with that though.

They'll have to, if that's all they can get. At least, here the
additional workload happens with the commercial part of the
Debian/Ubuntu ecosystem.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190