Re: Debian redesign

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 04:51:22PM +0200, Ana Guerrero wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Agnieszka Czajkowska has presented this morning at DebConf a very nice
>redesign proposal off the Debian logo and the Debian website. She has been
>working on this all the last year as part of her master thesis in Design.
>
>You can take a look at her presentation at:
> https://penta.debconf.org/dc9_schedule/attachments/112_debian_redesign.tar.gz
>
>Watch first the deb_redesign-talk*.jpg images then debian_illustration*.jpg
>
>What do you think? :D

I like her ideas. :-)

The new simplified swirl looks cleaner, and it would be nice to move
to a free-er font. The example changes to the website made it look
much nicer, but there will clearly be a lot of work beyond the
mock-ups to actually implement changes that we can use. Agnieszka, I
hope you're talking already to Rhonda and the other debian-www folks
to help work out those details...

"C++ ate my sanity" -- Jon Rabone