Re: Debian redesign

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 07:56:31PM +0200, Fathi Boudra wrote:
> I don't like much the illustration and prefer Kalle's design.
> About the logo, I like current logo and don't see why we need a new one.

Well, there are arguments for having *some* changes to our current
logo. In particular we usually use the same image of it and simply
scale it up or down depending to the needs. On the contrary, usually
good logos (or icons FWIW) should have different versions meant to be
bigger or smaller. That way the smaller one can be simpler and look
better when printed. [1]

Those however are not good arguments to change a logo tout court,
especially if there is a logo which have been agreed upon by voting.

I wonder why, given those graphical talented people that we have
around, we don't come with precise requests, like: "can you please
provide smaller version of our logos that look good when printed?".

Cheers.

[1] actually, we have some smaller and simpler version of our logo
    around, but AFAIK we have never make official any of them