Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 09:59:46AM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> >> 1. what about the developers that couldn't come to DC? don't we
> >> deserve to be asked for our opinion? are we of a lower class? is this
> >> a decision only made by a team and then you want to us to pretend the
> >> whole project decided it?

> > It is a delegate decision according to 2.5 of the constitution.

> so let's call it this way: not "Debian decided" but "a delegate
> decided on behalf of the project", I think this clarifies what
> happened.

I'm surprised that this was announced on debian-announce before it had first
been announced on d-d-a[1], since that does carry a higher risk that a
decision that has been announced to the general public may be reverted due
to lack of support.  Nevertheless, the distinction between "Debian decided"
and "a delegate decided on behalf of the project" is not one that is
relevant on debian-announce.

[1] It was announced at the release team keynote at DebConf, but obviously
not everyone will have had a chance to see that yet