Re: Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes

* Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> [2009-07-29 07:39]:

> > Debian decides to adopt time-based release freezes
>
> No, the project DID NOT decide it, the release team did, and the
> project has to accept it; there's a lot of difference.

No see 4.1.3 of the constitution "Make or override any decision
authorised by the powers of the Project Leader or a Delegate."

> > Time-based freezes will allow the Debian Project to blend the
> > predictability of time based releases with its well established policy of
> > feature based releases. The new freeze policy will provide better
> > predictability of releases for users of the Debian distribution, and also
>
> bullshit! we are trading quality for what? We release when it's ready,
> not when the clock ticks. it's completely a non-sense, and it's
> generating only bad feelings in developers and users.

freeze != release, I'm not happy with the way the decision was
communicated. I beg you to mind your wording tough.

> 1. what about the developers that couldn't come to DC? don't we
> deserve to be asked for our opinion? are we of a lower class? is this
> a decision only made by a team and then you want to us to pretend the
> whole project decided it?

It is a delegate decision according to 2.5 of the constitution.

yours
Martin