Re: Re-thinking Debian membership - take #1: inactivity

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 04:34:34PM +0200, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 04:12:24PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > Still, I'd prefer not to have to write such specific details on the
> > text we are going to vote on. I propose to leave such details to DAM /
> > DSA, would you be fine with that?
>
> I don't think it's worth voting on anything so vague that it doesn't address
> these points.  The DAM already have clear authority to implement this if
> they want to.

The specific detail was "mail notification 1 month before
deactivation", do you really think that such a detail makes the
difference about the vagueness of the vote? I personally don't think
so.

The other important detail raised in the thread is exactly which
rights get lost, and I'm totally fine about making that clear, I've
asked for help on DSA on how to formulate it properly.

Cheers.