Re: DAM queues processing

On 25/06/09 at 22:37 +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> [...]
> - DAM reviews the application
>   (wait4)
> - DAM creates the account
> - Key added to the keyring
> - Shell access to developer machines
>
> [...]
>
> - I don't know why there is wait4. I guess it's because DAM members process
>   people in batches, but IMHO if you have already reviewed an application and
>   accepted it, the account should be immediately created? Is there a (good)
>   reason for this delay?
>
> - I have no idea whether the keyring and machine access stuff take another big
> delay.

wait4 used to be a big problem in the past, because the person managing
the keyring and creating the accounts was not responsive enough.

It was solved a year or so ago by splitting the tasks differently. DAM
now reviews the application, and submits RT tickets for the keyring
addition and the account creation. Those tickets are processed by DSA
(for the account) and keyring-maint (for the keyring), and both of those
teams are responsive currently.

(the above is my perception of how things work, so I might be wrong, but
it's not properly documented anywhere anyway.)