Re: DAM queues processing

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort dijo [Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 02:43:55PM +0200]:
> >> I'd be perfectly fine with FD being the last review step, and DAM
> >> "just" in charge of creating the account, trusting FD judgement.
> >>
> >> What would we be missing that way?
> >
> > What you miss is that I move all problematic candidates to DAM with the comment
> > "I'm not entirely happy, but its your job to decide..."
> > Also it is good to have more than one person read the mboxes, sometimes you just
> > miss important points/words because you're braindead after reading too many mails.
>
> If the FD doesn't have the power to decide whether to accept somebody or not,
> what is the point of it reviewing candidacies, specially if later the DAM will
> review it anyway?

Or rather, I'd rephrase this as a question: How often does FD reject
somebody that was approved by AM? How often does DAM reject somebody
that was approved by FD? That might indicate whether any of those
processes is redundant.

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23