Re: DAM queues processing

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

> From an NM point of view, my feeling is:
>
> "I hope the Keyring Maintainers and the DSA don't feel like reviewing everything
> *again* to add my key to the keyring and to give me access to the developer
> machines"

Speaking with my DSA hat on, the DAM informs us (keyring and DSA team)
that there is a new developer.

Once the new person's key is in the keyring we then simply create the
account.  There's nothing to *review* per se since the DAM has already
decided that said new user is a DD and our policy is to give every DD
access to project machines*.

Cheers,
weasel

*) So, while who or who is not a DD is DAM's authority, deciding who
   or who will not have shells on d.o machines is DSA's.

   So in theory DSA could of course decide that we mistrust a given
   person to such an extend that we will not grant him shell access to
   project machines.  That person would still be a DD by the DAM's fiat,
   they just wouldn't have a shell on d.o machines.  But then things
   must be really really wrong to have gotten that far.  Hopefully not
   very likely.