Re: DEP: commit rights to dep repositories on alioth

Le Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:56:54PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius a écrit :
> Currently, the dep project on alioth (which can be used to host DEP
> texts on $VCS) allows commits by any DD, but not guest accounts. The
> question has arisen whether to allow commits by guests. Doing so would
> allow basically anyone to start a new DEP, or, more importantly, to
> change existing ones.

Hi all,

my experience with guests and DMs is that they do not want to jeopardize their
chances of becoming official members of the project and usually behave better
than the average DD (although it could be argued that since the average DD is
not much active, he can not misbehave). Therefore, I would recommend to keep
the dep project open to all Alioth accounts (but understand if the people who
would ultimately deal with the mess prefer not to do so).

Have a nice day.

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan