Re: Who uses @packages.d.o mail?

This one time, at band camp, Joey Hess said:
> Some packages even emit it at runtime:
>
> Other packages, including reportbug --kudos, BUGBASH, and debconf-updatepo
> directly send mail there.

Good to know.

> Anyway, this feels like it may be a false optimisation to me. You know
> that p,d.o gets 1000 spams a day, but you don't know how many spams a
> day are sent directly to each of the email addresses that p.d.o forwards
> to. My suspicion is that each *individual* package maintainer email
> address could easily be getting 1000 spams a day. If on average one or
> two more spam come through p.d.o, that's very minor. Unless spam coming
> through p.d.o is somehow harder to filter?

Oh, no, it's nothing like that.  It's just low hanging fruit while we
think about how to make the rest of it better.  Part of the reason
people get 1000 spams a day is because we have so many routes to a
maintainers inbox, and each of them add up.  I know this one isn't the
biggest target out there, but it looked, with admittedly only an hour or
so's review, to be one of the easy ones.

Anyway, I think it's clear the service is popular, so EOT from me.