Re: Who uses @packages.d.o mail?

This one time, at band camp, Adeodato Simó said:
> I use it all the time when eg. reassigning a bug (reassign mails are
> supposed to be CC'ed to the destination maintainers), rather than go up
> and look who's listed as maintainer and uploader and CC them all.

These are the sort of helpful answers that make it clear that people do
at least sporadically use the service.  I didn't see anything useful in
the week of logs I reviewed, but activity like that described above is
probably reasonably 'spiky' and I'm not surprised I missed it.

It sounds like the service should probably stay open.  I would have been
happy to restrict something that is only a spam attractor, but if it's
more than that, than I'm happy people find it a useful service.  If the
teams who do use it think it can still be useful and be restricted,
that's a discussion I still think is worth having, but I don't think we
need to rush towards it.

Cheers,