Re: Re : squeeze and the future of the alpha port, redux
- To: Arthur Loiret <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Re : squeeze and the future of the alpha port, redux
- From: maximilian attems <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:05:15 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20090223160514.GY3901@baikonur.stro.at>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <[🔎] 20090220080517.GA13844@dario.dodds.net> <[🔎] email@example.com>
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:59:31AM +0100, Arthur Loiret wrote:
> 2009/2/20, Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> > Also unsurprisingly (to me, given my observations that had led to the post
> > in the first place), no one else has yet stepped up to be an alpha porter
> > for squeeze.
> I am volunteer to apply as alpha porter. I have several alpha machines
> of my own, which makes it easy to debug a failure on alpha.
no only due to the demand post release,
it is good to rethink the end of life of alpha.
> > I've cc:ed everyone who listed themselves as an alpha porter for etch on
> > <http://wiki.debian.org/alphaEtchReleaseRecertification>, to make sure
> > anyone willing to do the work on alpha for Squeeze has an opportunity to do
> > so. But in the absence of some demonstration of committment in the next
> > couple of weeks, on March 7 I'll plan to ask the ftp team and the release
> > team to drop alpha from the archive for testing and unstable.
> I can provide access to some hardware if anybody else is interested in
> contributing to the alpha port.
it be cool to have a kernel alpha buildserver so that alpha
get autobuild before upload.
i'd volounteer in refreshing the config settings for alpha on linux-2.6
side, they haven't seen care for quite some time.