Re: Creating a public list for wanna-build team? Input needed.

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> In #512780 (http://bugs.debian.org/512780), we've requested the creation
> of a debian-wbadm list to serve as a role address and discussion umbrella
> for the wanna-build team. The full rationale is in the bug report, but
> the bottom line is that we've realized a public role address is better
> from our past experiences with debian-release.
>
> Listmaster has asked us that we follow the standard procedure of getting
> people to express their interest on the requested  list in the bug report.
> So, if you'd welcome the wanna-build maintenance team move to a public
> list as their role address, we would appreciate if you could send a
> quick mail to the bug report.

I agree it would be useful, debian-release@l.d.o already started to collect
binnmus request in the past and it would seem natural to me that
such request (now properly directed at the wbadm team) get
archived/discussed in the same spirit on a dedicated list hosted at
lists.debian.org.

I don't care for the precise name, -wbadm or -wb-admin both seem fine.

> Additionally, listmaster has also suggested that we use a teams.debian.net
> list for this purpose. I don't agree with this for the reasons stated in
> the bug report. Feel free to comment on this issue as well.

I agree with your reasons (it's a core d.o infrastructure) and the same
reasons led me to remember you that you should really create a wiki page
on http://wiki.debian.org/Teams :)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog