Re: Question about the amount of security updates available

Hello, Thomas.

We released a new version of Debian stable yesterday, which means that
the "stable" name in our repositories (including security repositories)
now point to this new version (which is named Lenny).

You probably have references to "stable" in your /etc/apt/sources.list
file. It is highly recommended that that file contains release code
names, instead of symbolic names: that way, new releases don't affect
your machines, and you just use the new name when *you* are ready to
upgrade.

In your case, since you're using the previous stable version, you should
substitute occurrences of "stable" with "etch" in that file.

The warning about the public key is a small hiccup in our release
process that we're in the process of fixing.

Thanks for your interest, and hope this mail clears up your doubts.

--- Thomas Nguyen Van [Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:02:17 +0000]:

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Que no te vendan amor sin espinas
                -- Joaquín Sabina, Noches de boda