Re: ssh.upload.debian.org

Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> It's just the usual nit-picking on anybody who actually does anything to
> improve our infrastructure.  [...]

It's also combined with the usual failure by many people who improve
our infrastructure to accept they wrote a confusing email (ftp-master
is a symbolic name, even though it's not the best symbolic name for an
upload server these days) and stop the thread, preferring instead to
keep flaming other DDs and spinning the wheels.

Posting a simple mail like "I can't predict why we might want to move
it, but it seems like a possibility we should leave open and yes,
ftp-master was a symbolic name, but isn't the best one now. Please use
the new symbolic names." a few messages back might have stopped this.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef