Re: Debian and non-free

Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 08:25:53PM +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi wrote:
> > I could help to set-up the infrastructure and providing
> > the non-free.org domain, but I don't think I have enough
> > infrastructure to handle the machines.
>
> Is it really worth it?  Are we really losing developers or users by not
> being endorsed by the FSF?

I think there are probably *some* gNewSense users and developers who
would be using debian if FSF linked to us too (and we threw more
people at the kernel firmware blob problems?).

I don't know whether there are *enough* for others to think it worth the
effort.  I didn't find an obvious measurement of gNewSense user or
contributor numbers, let alone any way to see if the numbers increased
after any particular FSF marketing activity (such as gnu.org/fry fr.ex).

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef