Re: Recommender systems (Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems)

Filipus Klutiero <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Various messages in this thread have suggested using the votes as the
> > basis of a recommendation system for messages or authors.
> Ah, do you consider a "filtered thread index" as a recommendation list?
> Else what do you consider as a recommendation list?

Please take care to attribute quotes correctly.

I consider filtered indices, auto-responses, shadow lists of only
"good" messages, highlighting, integration with db.debian.org and some
of the other uses for this data to be recommendation systems.

MJ Ray (slef)