Recommender systems (Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Recommender systems (Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems)
- From: Filipus Klutiero <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:48:11 -0500
- Message-id: <49514E8B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <4950ae2b./TrJWb8402QmFND6email@example.com>
- References: <4950ae2b./TrJWb8402QmFND6firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ah, do you consider a "filtered thread index" as a recommendation list?
Else what do you consider as a recommendation list?
Filipus Klutiero <email@example.com> wrote:
> > I see that http://www.grouplens.org has moved on and their research
> > (like http://www.grouplens.org/node/126 - "The recommendations that
> > are most accurate according to the standard metrics are sometimes not
> > the recommendations that are most useful to users") may be informative
> > for anyone who thinks that message-voting will surely work.
> Unless you're suggesting a recommendation system, I don't see how this
> paper is relevant.
Various messages in this thread have suggested using the votes as the
basis of a recommendation system for messages or authors.