Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems

> * MJ Ray:
>
>> Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote: [...]
>>> So, what can we do about? During a little brainstorming session on IRC
>>> last night a following idea has emerged: let's have a way to express
>>> our opinion about the mailing list posts. [...]
>>
>> So, people who remain on the debian mailing lists have a poor
>> understanding of what should appear a good mailing list, but having
>> those same people express their opinion about what is good on a
>> mailing list will improve matters?  In short, we are going to use
>> the "buggy" list memberships's views to repair the lists?
>
> The proposal just assumes that there is a sufficiently large number of
> readers who feed the moderation database.  This looks like a
> reasonable assumption to me.

I agree: I read far more of the Debian mailing list messages than
I ever reply to.  (No point in sending lots of "me too" responses
to the messages that I appreciate.)  I personally would be far
more likely to contribute feedback through this mechanism than to
reply to messages.
--
"Mon peu de succès près des femmes est toujours venu de les trop aimer."
--Jean-Jacques Rousseau