Re: Member distributions and popularity

----- "Florian Weimer" <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> I don't know.  Paid membership by companies seems to be an integral
> part of what Eclipse is doing in this area.

No, I'm not talking about charging. We aren't interested in money, we are interested in co-promoting those distributions who view themselves as part of the Debian ecosystem rather than as a competitor. They would promote us and we would promote them. That's more valuable than money.

I'm pointing to Eclipse as an example of another open project that is doing this sort of thing. The Eclipse variants are not buried down deep in their site, they are heavily promoted at a top level. That's what I'm saying we should mimic.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO Brainfood.com
ean@brainfood.com - http://www.brainfood.com - 214-720-0700 x 315