Re: Developer Status

* Joerg Jaspert:

> Following our Constitution §8.1.2, DAM declares that Debian Members are
> to be treated as "Developers who do not maintain packages" wherever the
> term "Developer" is used in one of our documents.

This strongly smells like abuse of procedure.  I know it's difficult to
implement this properly in Debian's framework, but can we please at
least try to do it that way?  The proposed approach might have some
unwanted consequences (like the Technical Committee deciding on full DD
status).

I'm also surprised that voting rights come before global uploading
rights.  Shouldn't that be the other way round?