Re: package maintainer contact lists and their posting policy

Am Mittwoch, den 10.09.2008, 17:38 +0200 schrieb Jonas Meurer:

> I discovered that pkg-grub-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org rejects any
> mails from non-subscribers even though the address is listed as
> maintainers contact address for grub packages in Debian. This topic has
> already been discussed in the past, and to my knowledge it has been
> agreed that the described situation is not an option.
>
> I discussed the issue with Robert Millan and others in #debian-devel on
> IRC. Unfortunately Robert seems rather ignorant about this issue.
>
> As I think that the current situation is not acceptable, I suggest that
> alioth admins overwrite the current posting policy for pkg-grub-devel.
>
> What do others think?

Well I already told to you on the list and even didn't know yet that
Robert discussed this now on #debian-devel with you and others.
(I'm just in #grub)

I just started to co-maintain the grub packages with Robert and I'm not
yet a DD.
I don't have really an opinion if the list should be open for everyone
or moderated or subscriber only.

I have just a little complaint about these 2 webpages:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#collaborative-maint
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/FAQ#head-0311697c2c680ff0e8da5e197ae8b313d75e700d

If consensus has been already reached that maintainer lists must not be
subscriber only, then it should be in my point of view not be too
difficult to update at least the Alioth FAQ at the Debian Wiki.