Re: transfering files between *.debian.org hosts

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> writes:

> Most Debian Machines run no stable kernels, thus we would run into that
> problem. Also many machines running with static kernels. Would that be a
> problem for OpenAFS?

OpenAFS is fine with static kernels as long as dynamic modules are not
disabled completely.  You do, however, have to use a version of OpenAFS
that supports the kernel that you're running, and just about every new
three-digit release of the kernel breaks or changes some API that OpenAFS
uses.  It's generally fixed right away in unstable, but it requires
running a newer version of the client.