Re: Direct commits to packages' VCS (Was: DEP1: Non Maintainer Uploads)

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:09:09AM -0300, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> However, I don't think that it's the main purpose of
> debian/README.source (which is to document how to get the source of the
> package ready for editing).  Whether to encourage direct commits is

Not only, quoting from policy:

  `debian/README.source' may also include any other information that
  would be helpful to someone modifying the source package.

NMUers are modifying source packages, so in theory there they can also
find info targeted to them. But I agree that it is somehow blurry if
that info belong to that file or not. So if you want to drop it, drop
it, we can postpone the change.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the