Re: Getting Spidered and Spammed via Debian

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Sam Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:25:25 -0400, Stuart Cudlitz wrote:
> > I admire your work but I am getting spidered and spammed with
> > pornographic material via your data base and users. Please investigate
> > this mattter.
> > A sample from Google search below shows where some bogus character
> > "Fortunato.manderville" claims to have a mailbox at my site which is not
> > possible as this is private site, non-commercial and privately hosted.
> > The trail led back to you.
>
> Looks like this is due to this message:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=59625#15
>
> I have reported it as spam so presumably it will disappear from the BTS
> soon. Then it is up to whoever runs asdfasdf.debian.net to regenerate
> their pages.

We have *FULL* tracking of all debian.net. records, available in a public
(if non-standard, as there is no standard for these things) way.

host -t TXT asdfasdf.debian.net.
asdfasdf.debian.net descriptive text "PGP 4B7D 2188 17B6 F67C  582D CFB0 C376 A8DA F1BC DB73"
asdfasdf.debian.net descriptive text "Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>"

I have added Aurelien to CC.  The SPAM seems to have disapeared from the
BTS, because I certainly couldn't find several parts of #59625, including
#15, and what is left in there has no spam.

  Henrique Holschuh