Re: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

On Mon, 26 May 2008 19:15:24 +0200, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> said:

> On 26/05/2008, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Well, unless owners can upload directly to the archive, they should
>> not be able to alter the (future) state of the archive by altering
>> the delayed queues

> They should be able to control what's going to happen to their own
> packages...

        But, with the singular exception of DM's, non-DD folks are _not_
 in a position to control what's going on with their packages.

>> -- so, giving all DD's the ability sho9uld be enough. I mean, people
>> can get their sponsors to use dcut, just like they use sponsors for
>> dput.

> ... regardless of whether the timing will allow for a sponsor to take
> the job of dcutting.

        I think that perhaps the DM's should be allowed to dcut their own
 package NMU's, but other non DD maintainers have not yet been accorded
 the trust and privilege of  uploading their own packages, and should
 not thus have the right to override other people making helpful
 changes, without that decision going through the review of
 sponsorship.  This is just keeping things consistent, in my opinion.

        manoj
--
Don't drink when you drive -- you might hit a bump and spill it.