Re: infrastructure team procedures (fifth edit)

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 03:40:05PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> It seems to me that after sam's emails this morning, this proposal is
> frankly unnecessary.  Does your proposal bring anything that sam's
> emails didn't?  It's clear that at least one DPL feels that the DPL is
> already empowered to do the things you are proposing.

Do you really think one intervention by one outgoing DPL is going to
solve anything?

He *didn't* feel sufficiently empowered to do much, because he waited until
the very last moment of his mandate to do something substantial, in the case
of problems that have been occuring for well over four months or two years.
Him, and all other DPLs before him. And that's disregarding the simple fact
that this is an attempt of solving the problem with a delegation - we don't
actually know if this attempt will work properly or not. We also don't know
what happens next time something like this happens.

Ad hoc interventions are just that. We need to have a crack at solving the
underlying problem, and that means trying to stop depending on a myriad of
unknown variables.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.